Thursday, February 6, 2014

Last February

Right around this time last year, I found out I was pregnant. I was sooo excited! I was about to call Jacob but then decided it would be more fun to do something cheesy and surprise him. 

I thought I could wait until Valentine's Day but that was a joke. So after a few days I said "let's make valentines for FHE!" So we did. Then I said "ok let's open them right now!" He thought I was nuts and kept saying "no, that's stupid." I can't remember how I finally convinced him but I know it wasn't until moments before we went to sleep. I gave him this, thinking I was so clever. 



(Don't worry I cut off the part that touched urine) 

First he pulls out the insert, which I told him he couldn't do until he read the whole thing. Then, as I watch in anticipation, he says "cute, thanks!" 
"But...look at the little brown paper!"
"Ya, I saw that. Cool."
"Why aren't you excited then?!!!"
"Huh...what" 
"Look at it dummy!" 
This carried on for way too long--I was on the verge of hysterics--before he got it. He thought it was just a cute little decoration on there. We laughed at him for a long time and got excited. And that's the end of cute surprise announcements for me. 

Except when we skyped our families a month later and had Clark wearing a "Big Bro" shirt. They caught on a little quicker. 


No comments: