Sunday, November 10, 2013

It's November, After All

Last week, Clark decided to test out his independence by not sleeping. It was weird and exhausting... you know, because of the two newborns already keeping us up at night. Monday night was particularly awful and by Tuesday morning, I was a mess. I just knew I couldn't do it, so I had to humble myself a little and send out a text for help. Within minutes my mom and 3 sisters who I'd texted had all responded offering to take Clark or drop whatever they had to do that day and come over.

I just have to say, my family (including Jacob's) is really nice. Not the over-the-top, high-pitched, mushy kind of nice. For real nice. Like they spent their entire Saturday and other spare hours cleaning, painting, and unpacking my house while I put my fatty pregnant feet up. And babysit my maniac child so I can get out of the house for the first time in a week. And come visit when I'm lonely and stir crazy. And do my dishes. Never making a big show of it or looking for anything in return. So here I am bragging about them, and I guess that's my way of showing my gratitude. We're all a little emotionally retarded and not great at expressing our feelings or being affectionate, but at the end of the day I know they're willing to do anything to help me--I'll take that over hugs and mushy-talk any day. I owe you all big time!

1 comment:

Em said...

I love to come help and get my baby fix! Don't ever hesitate to ask!