Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I look up, I look down.

Last night as I was trying to get Jacob to watch "Vertigo" with me, I found myself saying "Come on, this was one of me and my sisters' favorite movies as kids!"
And then I realized that it's probably a little odd for a small child to love Alfred Hitchcock movies. Kinda like the first time I had dinner at a friend's house and they were having a quiet, civilized conversation instead of shouting and singing. As I sat there thinking how strange it was, it suddenly occurred to me that maybe I was the strange one, and I had to wonder what else was weird about my upbringing. Clearly, I'm still finding out to this day.

It's ok. I turned out fine.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I grew up on Hitchcock too! I thought Rear Window was the scariest movie as a kid...let's be hones, it still is...right?