Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter

Our Easter was really great! Lately I've felt a bit disappointed in our emphasis on the fun and commercial aspects of holidays rather than the spiritual. It just seems silly that the sole purpose of these days is to reflect on Christ and then we get so caught up in the hullabaloo that that's the last thing we have time for. But this year I tried to get focused on the meaning of Easter before it came around and got lost in plastic grass and egg dye. Let's be honest, when I saw the #becauseofhim photo challenges people were doing, my initial reaction was "Corny!". But when I thought about it, it was really a simple way for anyone to share their testimony in a way that's relevant for our generation. And it actually became a trending hashtag. How cool is that?

Anywho, onto the fun commercial part:

On Sunday morning, I sent Clark outside to find his little treat. The great thing about 2-year-olds is that they're just as excited about a tube of candy with a bobble head on it as they would be about a big basket of treats and toys. Then we dyed some eggs which he also thought was the coolest.


I am my mother's daughter and couldn't help making my girls little matching Easter dresses and headbands (and matching bow tie and boutonniere for Clark). How she managed to make 5 at a time EVERY Christmas and Easter is beyond me!

Jacob's sister came and snapped a few pics of this rare moment of us all being bathed and dressed. Obviously the children really enjoyed this and wanted to be super cooperative. (Don't mind the welt Clark got from running into a door moments before).







That evening we went to my parents' for dinner and a little Easter egg hunt. Clark was happy with one egg s we had to encourage him to keep looking before all his cousins swiped them all! He got the hang of it after a while.








1 comment:

David, Melissa, and kids said...

Love the fist pic of the kids, a perfect picture.