Sunday, June 16, 2013

Dad








I used to be a little jealous that Clark loves Dad best, but now nothing could make me happier. And when we called Jacob (still in California) on speaker phone the other day and I watched Clark's face go from joy to confused frustration that he couldn't get Dada out of the phone, it made me teary-eyed. Because we both need him here and because so much love in such a little boy is the sweetest thing I ever saw. I really wish every kid could have this kind of dad!

Some things Clark and I love about Jacob:

-He always wears Clark around the house as he vacuums or outside while he does yardwork.

-He's the best story reader. They like to play a game where Clark will press a picture in the book and Jacob will say what it is. Over. And over. ("tree. tree. tree. tree" "butterfly. butterfly. butterfly.") Then he says, "I'm like one of those book toys that reads out loud when you press the button!" I do not have the patience for this game and even when I try to, it's just not the same  

-He knows raising kids is a combined effort, not just the mom's job. The second he gets home from work, no matter how stressful his day, he takes over whatever I'm doing with Clark: playing, feeding, bedtime, etc. On the weekends he tells me to get out by myself or takes Clark out so I can have the house to myself for a little while.

-He can always make us laugh. His hold-Clark-and-crazy-dance parties are way better than mine.

-He sings to Clark almost every night before bed.

-He's always so concerned for our well-being and loves hearing every boring detail and minute milestone of our day.

Anddd he's just really cool. We love you and miss you!


1 comment:

alyssa said...

He sounds a lot like Jordan, that's great!! Can you tell I'm catching up? I love having something new to look at while I pump and the girls are asleep:)