Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Music

Today I've been thinking about music. As a kid, I just liked whatever everyone around me was listening to and it was nice to have on while cleaning, riding the bus to school, etc.
Then one night in jr. high, I went babysitting and brought my really awesome portable CD player (Walkman for CDs) but instead of bringing my usual Shania Twain and A-teens, I grabbed some CDs Bethany had left lying around.
Once the kids were asleep I got out my homework and popped in a CD that said Ben Kweller on it. And it was good. All of the sudden it was like a whole new world opened up to me: there was all kinds of music out there and it could be good and it make you feel something.
And we've had a beautiful relationship ever since.

1 comment:

s.s. bazodi said...

when you say "we've had a beautiful relationship ever since", you mean us right?