Friday, February 1, 2013

Day 32

Today was such a warm, beautiful day that when we went to the park with some playgroup friends, I just let Clark crawl free in the grass (it's usually too wet or cold). This child has no inhibitions. He'll go off exploring a mile from me without so much as a backwards glance. I don't know how he got so adventurous, but it sure keeps me on my toes.
I love seeing more and more of his personality come out. And then when I think about it, it was there all along. Like when we were still in the hospital, probably the day after he was born, and Jacob rested Clark on his shoulder to burp him. That tiny little newborn head popped right up off Jacob's shoulder to get at look at what was going on. At the time I thought that was sort of odd newborn behavior, but that is SO Clark--always curious, alert, and wanting to be in on the action. Hope we can keep up!

No comments: