Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Thanksgiving

Clark and I flew down to AZ a week before Thanksgiving, and for the first time in months I was really thankful that I'm not in school or working. I can find a really cheap flight way before a holiday and  say, "heck, I'll spend a couple weeks there!" Nothing to tie me down these days except my baby who is actually great company and makes an excellent travel companion (taking the flight right after bedtime= genius!)



The first thing I did was take the usual trip to SAS with EmmaLee to find fabric for our Christmas PJs. Brynlee was a very helpful, throwing this and that into my stroller and keeping Clark entertained. I thought I put all her contributions back until I got home and found a little bag of jewels in my diaper bag.


Come on, what 4-year-old girl can resist that?

Other fun stuff I did included seeing one of my best friends (and practically SIL) get home from her mission, building teepees with Landon, eating two Thanksgiving dinners, waiting in a line for 4 hours on Black Friday to get Jacob's non-surprise Christmas gift, having breakfast with most of my friends, getting pictures of our little family taken by Bethany, and seeing the Nutcracker with my mom and sisters (shout-out to the girl whose skirt fell off mid pirouette for completing the number while unsuccessfully trying to keep your bum covered and for being the highlight of my trip).





No comments: