Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas Vacation 2012

Our trip to Arizona for Christmas was a pretty short one. We had just enough time for Clark to catch an awful cold/fever from his cousins, family pictures with both of our families, wrapping presents, and the annual Smith Family Christmas Eve Party. The elves brought our jammies right before the talent show--don't be deceived by the title, there's very little talent involved. Since Jacob insisted we buy Clark this little bear suit for Christmas pjs, I decided to find some pretty hideous fabric for ours to "coordinate".

ok, mostly just they coordinate and I wanted hipster sweater leggings

The whole Smith family 


sisters and sisters-in-law

all the cousins + Grandma and Papa


We slept at the Ellsworth's on Christmas Eve and did presents with them followed by brunch and gift-opening with my family. Honestly, we didn't get Clark a thing. It just seemed really stupid to waste money on gifts for him when a) he got tons from family and b) he could care less, but I' probably just a bad mom. I got some really nice kitchen stuff, tickets to see Lion King (Broadway, not 3D), and stuff for cutting sewing patterns the real way.



In the afternoon I went with some of my sisters and parents to see Les Mis, and it was all I hoped it would be! Plus my crying was nothing compared to my mom and pregnant sister sobbing from start to finish. Really though, as soon as it was over I wanted to watch it again and haven't stopped thinking about it since!

The next day we drove home, and I made the mistake of leaving a little tub of opened Chickfila sauce what I thought was out of arms reach from Clark. He downed that thing, and his tummy did not approve. Now I'm just sitting at home, depressed that we had to leave so soon.

so grossss

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha! He is loving that sauce! So funny. I'm so glad I got to see you while you were here! You have a cute family!