Saturday, January 28, 2012

on my mind

I've been thinking a lot lately about how to be a good mom and which parenting styles work best and all that.Then I realize that even if I knew what perfect parenting looked like, I wouldn't be able to do it. The words of prophets and apostles always make me feel better, though. This snippet was especially encouraging:

"There is no one perfect way to be a good mother... Each mother has different challenges, different skills and abilities, and certainly different children... What matters is that a mother loves her children deeply and, in keeping with the devotion she has for God and her husband, prioritizes them above all else." Elder M. Russell Ballard

That I can do. 

2 comments:

Amanda said...

You are going to be such a great mom, Natalli! You couldn't be a bad mom if you tried.

Em said...

Thanks to me, you've seen many things NOT to do as a parent. It's really hard! I guess we just pray a lot and keep trying to improve! A quote for you: "There's no way to be a perfect mother, but a million ways to be a good one"
-Jill Churchill