Thursday, November 3, 2011

mommish stuff

Disclaimer: this post will likely be overly sentimental and mushy (I'll just blame the pregnancy hormones like I do for everything else). You've been warned.

I always thought that before I got pregnant, I would for sure be really "baby hungry", but I wasn't really. I'm kind of glad, because I would never want to want a kid the way people want puppies.. like "ohhhh so cute, let's get one!" In fact, every time I thought about kids, I just felt really scared and thought about how unprepared I am to handle that kind of responsibility. I also thought about all the things having a baby meant I wouldn't get to do.

Luckily, in the two seconds that I stopped being selfish and really thought about it, it felt like the right thing to do. And then all of the sudden, before we could even think about changing our minds, I was pregnant!

Obv we (maybe just me) are still pretty freaked out, but I keep hearing/reading things that remind me that this is absolutely the best thing that could be happening to us right now. One of my favorites so far was a poem by Anne Campbell that President Hinckley quoted in this talk:

I already love baby so much that none of the other stuff even matters. It's the weirdest thing--in a good way.

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

Hey! I swear I did not see this before we had our little chatty chat at RS tonight. It helps, thanks :)

The Watson's said...

You are so silly. Love ya

Anonymous said...

awww I love that poem. Best wishes to you Natalli. You are in for the ride of your life...LOL