Thursday, September 1, 2011

here we go again

We have started our last year here at BYU, and now that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, I'm kinda almost sad to be so close to being done. I know I always complain about how hard school is and Provo and the cold and all, but for the most part, I love going to school here. I've learned to laugh at the little quirks and all the marriage-obsessed, bad-driving, I-call-my-mom-3-times-a-day-to-tell-her-about-my-love-life people here and just be grateful for the really great education I'm getting. (Plus, there are a lot of really cool people here, too).

Anyhow, one thing that makes me laugh each year is the first time a teacher has us sing a hymn to start the class. I don't know why, but it is sooo funny to me that a bunch of college kids asked to sing a song on the spot end up sounding like this:



ok, not quite Mo Tab, but pretty close. I remember freshman year at FHE we started with a hymn, and I started laughing so hard I was crying. Then Kami and Devaun caught my giggles and it was bad news. I've never seen such death stares. "Gosh, don't you know we're trying to invite the spirit!"

Only at BYU!

No comments: