Wednesday, October 9, 2013

18 Months



I wish I could just sit and record Clark all day. I'm so fascinated at how his little brain works and love seeing his personality develop. He is so funny, smart, creative, and loving. He loves interacting with people one on one but prefers to play alone in big groups (I'm the same way). He's kind of a scaredy cat, but still manages to be constantly covered in scrapes and bruises and dirt.
He has started hiding when I ask him to do something he doesn't want to and then slowly peeks out with those big innocent eyes. When he asks me for something he wants and I don't respond right away, he says "ya? Sure!" as if to prompt me with the right response.
He can also throw a pretty good tantrum in an octave that makes you want to shoot your eyes out so I'm learning a lot about patience! 
Some of his favorite things at the moment are

Finding Nemo

Naming colors of things (he's a pro now)

Singing, favorite songs include "Trouble" by T Swift, "Sunshine on my Shoulders" by John Denver, and "Happy Birthday to You", especially when I sing it like Louis Armstrong which I'm pretty good at

Legos

Putting stuff where it doesn't belong and pretending its helpful 

Vacuuming (watching Jacob vacuum)

Being read to

Counting which is really just spouting off random numbers and sounds

Slides

Any obnoxious tv show (yes, bad mom but babies gotta be fed and dinner cooked somehow)

Lights of any kind. I'm so excited for Christmas time!


A little duet for your listening pleasure. And I guess he only feels comfortable saying "hello" with a fake phone in hand.


1 comment:

s.s. bazodi said...

I want to come over and play now!