Saturday, August 4, 2012

Trip to the Farm

She's only three, but she is the best babysitter!


baseball



tinfoil dinner










Obviously we had a lot of fun on our trip to Idaho/Wyoming (they live on the border), and Clark got way too much attention from his cousins, aunts, and grandma!
We started each day off with a little Zumba workout on the XBox and ended every day watching the Olympics. On Tuesday, Mom and Linda watched Clark and Brynlee while the rest of us floated down the freezing cold river. When we got back, we all made tinfoil dinners and visited around the fire.
On Wednesday we went to the county fair. This was me and Clark's third time going to a fair this summer, but this one was so different from ours that it was still fun. We ate lunch while watching a hypnotist show which was especially entertaining since my nephew Blake was one of the volunteers. Then we looked at the animals and craft submissions. Then I decided that I should at least go on one ride, so I went with Blake on the Zipper. It was way scarier than I thought it would be.
On Thursday we took a little hike on the farm. It was actually a pretty good workout with a baby strapped to me! We had a yummy dinner, and EmmaLee made a delicious chocolate coconut cake for my birthday. Then we went out to ice cream--because one dessert just wasn't enough--and then I opened gifts. I got some nice watercolors and brushes from my mom (now I can stop using the 99 cent crayola ones!), a cute apron EmmaLee made, and lots of sweet cards/money/gift cards.

I had such a good time and was so glad to get to see so much family! I especially loved how much everyone wanted to help and play with Clark.


P.S. The last time I was here was 4 YEARS AGO, making a Pocahontas music video, about to meet my husband. Luckily, I've matured a lot since then.




No comments: