Thursday, May 25, 2017

Sometimes it occurs to me, like an epiphany, "this sh** is HARD!" I spend most of my time beating myself up for not being patient, sweet, happy, or involved enough. For spending too much time on my phone or watching tv and not enough time cleaning. And certainly those are all areas that could use some progress, but when I take a step back and look at what I'm working with, I have to cut myself a little slack. Having one 3-year-old is freakin hard. Having two of them AND a toddler AND a 5-year-old--I'll just pat myself on the back every day we're all still alive.
Future self, if you're looking back on these days longingly wishing they hadn't grown up so fast, just remember puddles of water everywhere you step, whining and screaming and fighting on repeat, every kind if bodily fluid yours for the cleaning, and the dirty dish and laundrey piles that we will NEVER reach the bottom of, and destruction of every kind, always. It's hard.

No comments: